LAS VEGAS, September 28, 2016 - Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, announced the North American commercial release of the PC4000-11 hydraulic mining shovel at MINExpo today. Best suited to pair with 150-240 ton trucks, the PC4000-11 can be configured as a shovel or backhoe, depending on the application.
The Komatsu PC4000-11 is powered by a Tier 4 Final, 1875 HP, 16 cylinder, SDA16V160E-3 Komatsu engine with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and time-saving engine oil management systems. The engine is designed for higher fuel efficiency, extended service intervals, long life and low operating costs.
Machine performance enhancements designed to produce more tons per hour include:
- Various buckets and wear packages to suit multiple material densities and properties.
- Powerful digging forces.
- Proven attachment design.
- Easy bucket filling.
- All cylinders mounted in the shadow of the attachment for protection.
- Proven, open-circuit hydraulic system with high-efficiency, swing-out oil coolers.
- Large diameter undercarriage rollers, idlers and sprockets.
- Large undercarriage surface area and extensive precision hardening of all engaging components to reduce track wear.
- Hardened undercarriage track link pin bores.
Easy access and maintenance features include:
Three emergency exits:
- one solid two piece flip-down ladder from cabin to ground;
- one solid two piece flip-down ladder from machinery house to roof;
- one egress from pump room to machinery house roof.
- Generous access to all major service points from machinery house floor level
- Enclosed walk-in machinery house with partition wall separating engine from pump area.
- Automatic central lubrication.
- KOMTRAX Plus® electronic monitoring system, providing real-time, machine operating status information.
- Ground-level access to hydraulically powered swing down service arm with Wiggins connections.
The PC4000-11’s comfortable cab features ergonomic updates that include:
- A large volume cab with full-height front window with high-impact-resistant glass.
- A high specification, multi-adjustable air suspension seat, plus trainer seat.
- Well-elevated operator position offering good all-around view, as well as KomVision 360° bird’s-eye-view camera system.
- Comprehensive climate control with pressurized filtered air ventilation and air conditioning.
- Large wash wiper covers windshield area for excellent visibility.
- A low noise cab on multiple viscous mounts for reduced vibration.
- ProVision ready, to accommodate machine guidance systems, upon customer request.
For more information on the new PC4000-11, please contact your local authorized Komatsu distributor. Please visit the Komatsu booth in Las Vegas at MinEXPO® 2016, September 26th – 28th, booth number 7021 in the central exhibit hall.
About Komatsu America
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America also serves forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Komatsu®, KOMTRAX Plus®, and Komatsu CARE® are registered trademarks of Komatsu, Ltd. Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.